WONDERFUL HEALTH BENEFITS OF HAZELNUTS
Hazelnuts is also well known by its another name called filberts or cob nuts depending on their species. It grows mostly in the temperature climates in many parts of the world and is native to the Europe and Asia. Basically the plant of the hazelnuts takes around 7-8 months for the nut to ripe. Turkey is said to be largest producer of hazelnuts in the world. Besides that, Australia, New Zealand and Chile also produce hazelnuts in large quantities. The wood of hazelnut is popularly utilized to make bows. The hazelnuts are used for various culinary purposes. In addition, numerous sweet and savory dishes are prepared from these hazelnuts. Many chocolate industries make extensive use of hazelnut pieces, paste and powder for preparing several products like nutella, chocolate truffles and so on. Hazelnuts are known to have unique flavor, due to which they are popularly added to the coffee and liqueurs. Apart from these, delicious and unique flavored hazelnut oil is also utilized as cooking oil. Sweet and delicious hazelnut butter is also widely popular. Usually, hazelnuts are majorly utilized in confectionary to make praline.
These hazelnuts are extremely nutritious and are loaded with large number of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are packed with healthy fats such as saturated fat, polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats. In addition, delicious hazelnuts includes essential minerals such as potassium, folate, phosphorous, iron, calcium, and other B-complex groups of vitamins such niacin, riboflavin, thiamin and so on. Besides that, it contains carbohydrates and proteins as well.
AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS OF HAZELNUTS
1. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases:-
Hazelnuts contain an excellent source of unsaturated fats and which considered beneficial for the heart. One good advantage is that, much of this fat is oleic acid and which is well known to lower LDL “bad” cholesterol and enhances “good” HDL cholesterol. Studies indicate that, hazelnuts contain enough amount of magnesium mineral which can fulfill the daily requirement of your body. Magnesium is vital for regulating calcium level in the muscles. If the level of calcium increases, the heart may contract and beat irregularly. Proper amount of magnesium have the ability to keep the heart from overexerting itself by promoting healthy rests between contractions.
2. Effective for bone and joint health:-
Every human body needs around two thirds of the essential magnesium mineral in order to build up the structure and strength of the skeletal system. Magnesium mineral plays a crucial role in building up healthy bones and is necessary as the body sores extra magnesium on the surface of the bones and which is utilized in case of an emergency deficiency. Besides that, hazelnuts contains rich source of manganese. This valuable manganese mineral may help you to increase the density of bone and can combat osteoporosis as well.
3. Prevent life threatening cancer:-
According to studies, hazelnuts contains high amount of alpha-tocopherol type of vitamin E. The presence of this essential vitamin in hazelnuts is proven beneficial in order to reduce the risk of bladder cancer at some extent. In addition, rich source of manganese found in hazelnuts protect the body from cancer in the long period. Generally manganese is considered to be important element of antioxidant enzyme, which is developed in the mitochondria of the cells with the objective to protect the body from life threatening cancer.
4. Promotes healthy Skin:-
Consumption of hazelnuts is beneficial not only for your health but for your skin as well. Hazelnut plays a significant role in providing you healthy and glowing skin. Since, only one cup of hazelnuts holds around 86 percent of daily requirement of vitamin E. This vitamin is extremely beneficial as it not only protect you from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation but also from skin cancer and premature aging.
5. Improves digestive ability:-
Hazelnuts contain an abundant source of manganese which acts as an enzyme activator and catalyst in the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol. Besides that, it encourage protein and carbohydrate metabolism as well. The high content of fiber present in hazelnuts ensures regular movement of food and waste through the digestive tract. In short, it improves digestive ability by maintaining proper balance of chemicals and microorganisms and promotes healthy digestive system.
6. Ensures healthy nervous system:-
Nervous system needs enough amino acids with the aim to function properly and amino acids needs adequate amount of vitamin B6. Hazelnuts contains rich source of vitamin B6, this vitamins is essential for the formation of myelin. It plays a key role in enhancing the speed and deficiency of electrical impulses and permits the nervous system to operate in most desirable way. In addition, vitamin B6, essential mineral is helpful in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin, melatonin and epinephrine.
7. Other health benefits:-
- Hazelnuts include high content of folate which is responsible for reducing neural tube birth defects and reduces risk of depression as well.
- An existence of cardio-protective arginine, an amino acid in hazelnuts helps to relax blood vessels.
- Hazelnuts are known to have enough amount of flavonoids, carotenoids and proanthocyandins, are considered as a group of phytochemecials. These phytochemcials are necessary to prevent various life threatening heart, cancer and other chronic diseases. In fact, hazelnuts contains highest amount of proanthocyandinas as compared to any other tree nuts. This important element offers sour or bitter flavors to foods and most importantly reduces risk of blood clotting and urinary tract infection.
- Rich source of B-complex group of vitamins present in hazelnuts helps to reduces number of health ailments such as anxiety, stress and depression. Apart from that, they improve the memory vital for the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin. Vitamin B9 supports into hormone production and riboflavin is essential for healthy red blood cells. In addition, some B complex group of vitamins helps for building and repairing damaged DNA.
- Considering to above mentioned health benefits and nutritional value of hazelnuts, you can definitely put this hazelnuts into the category of ‘heart healthy’ food group. According to studies, natural, roasted and balanced hazelnuts are considered as healthy for heart.